October 30, 2007

1st "Gut Check Question"

Number 1
#Am I listening to the voice of God?

In Mark 3:14 it says Jesus ordained 12 that they should be with him and that he might send them forth to preach.

Whatever you think your calling is, you are called to be with Jesus.This is your primary calling,your highest ministry. Before Jesus said go into the world he said “Be with me”

The Lord has so many things that he desires to show us, but his real desire is that we know him more .I don’t know about you but I need more of Jesus every day .I need him more today than I did yesterday.

We often assume busyness means godliness but Jesus says in John 15vs 15
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing”.

When you stay “connected,” you bear fruit spontaneously. There’s no striving and straining. It’s just an outgrowth of your intimacy with Him.

I love the story in Mark 1vs 10-11 ,it’s the story of Jesus getting Baptised and coming out of the water and hearing the voice from heaven ‘You are my son whom I love ,with you I am well pleased .
Well pleased with what? The people he had spoken to, the healings he had done, the demons he had cast out, the miracles that were performed?

Not at all, Jesus had not even started any of these things .His father was well pleased, because Jesus consistently placed his devotion over duty, his passion over performance, his friendship over function.

Number 1#Am I listening to the voice of God?

Comments please...

1 comment:

Cat said...

Why is it that the bible and the world preach exact opposites? God says abide in me and spend time with me and the rest will come to pass. The world says work hard, set goals, use strategies and success may come - then you will be able to afford to spend time with family and God and whatever else you are into.

Listening to God is like listening to people in that it takes a sacrifice of time. But it also requires belief that God WILL TALK to us and more that knowledge of HOW He talks. I investigated this a bit this past year - some of my findings went into my blogs - and most people don't hear God regularly let alone know to listen for Him. Just as Eli had to teach Samuel to recognise the voice of God so ought we teach others what He sounds like - in fact I think this is one of our primary resposibilities as we disciple and grow those beside and around us.