May 14, 2007

Bible Heroes

From following on from the previous blog I wanted to explore people in the bible who lived with strong convictions and what those convictions were

  • But it happened about this time, when Joseph went into the house to do his work, and none of the men of the house was inside, that she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and ran outside. Genisis39:11

Joseph-a conviction about sexual purity.

  • Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us
    Daniel 3vs 17

Meshach,Shamrach and Abendigo-A conviction about Gods protection

  • But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; Daniel 1:8

Daniel- A conviction about obedience

  • And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”Joshua 24

Joshua-a conviction about commitment

  • Then they said to one another, “We are not doing right. This day is a day of good news, and we remain silent. If we wait until morning light, some punishment will come upon us. Now therefore, come, let us go and tell the king’s household. 2 Kings 7:9

The 4 leprous men-a conviction about mission

  • Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.Job13 : 15

Job -a conviction about unswerving devotion

On those days when I feel strong...I will praise Him.On those days when I feel weak...I will praise Him.On those days when I feel sick...I will praise Him.On those days when I feel like giving up..I will praise Him.On those days when I feel overwhelmed...I will praise Him.On those days when I feel tempted...I will praise Him.On those days when I feel strong... I will praise Him.And the circle of days will go on and on....and I will praise Him!!! Let that be your resolve too!

  • There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many?” John 6:9

The little boys lunch-a conviction about significance

You matter -I matter -We matter!!

  • “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Luke 22:42

Jesus Christ-A conviction of surrender to his fathers will

Wow what a legend ,What a hero-The most wonderful man I know -Take a bow Almighty God

So there you go,of course thier are many others,Esther,Deborah,Rahab,Mary,Paul,Noah,Moses,David,Ruth etc etc etc ..

But i hope you get the drift when we allow God to shape our convictions our convictions will eventually shape us and, they will set a pattern of your life.

Strong convictions will and do build a strong life, but if your convictions are weak and wavering, your life will be the same.If you want to build a pattern in your life that will produce God's best for your life you will need to make good choices. The choices you make are determined by your convictions. Becoming people of strong conviction, will ensure we will stand firm when tough times come.

I look forward to your comments about the last two blogs.

How important are convictions to you?

Do you have any?

Do you agree with the statement "If you stand for nothing,you will fall for anything"

What Bible people stand out for you who had strong convictions and what were those?

I am off to auckland until the end of week,see you after that

Blessings Jeremy

No comments: